I hate the expression “there’s no smoke without fire.” It’s just not true.
Here are some examples:
- Smoke machine
- Burning toast
- Blowing out a candle (there’s only smoke when the fire is extinguished)
- Smoke Monster from Lost
- Smokey Bear
- Smokey Robinson
- Smokey and the Bandit
- Smoke bombs
- Referring to a city as “the big smoke”
- Smoke on the Water – Deep Purple
- The jar of smoke I always keep with me at all times.
- Something else that looks like smoke
- The Fast and the Furious 7: Smoke Without Fire
- Smoke from behind an old sofa
- Smoked Ribs
- When people say “Richard, you are looking smokin’ hot today!”
- In a vacuum
- Fake Smoke (‘Foke’)
- Holy smokes!
Thanks. I’m glad we could clear that up.